Here are some notes from Chapter 13 of Public Relations: Strategies & Tactics (9th Edition):
- Main uses of the Internet by public relations professionals include e-mail distribution, web sites, blogs, moblogs, vlogs, RSS (Really Simple Syndication), podcasting, and brochureware.
- The cell phone is a tool that may be used int he practice of public relations. It makes it so that the public relations professional is available at all times.
- While the Internet can be a great tool for public relations, there are also many problems associated with it. These problems include the skill level needed to set up a public Web Site, security problems, copyright infringement, cyberheckling, etc.
- One of the best things about the Internet for public relations is the fact that it helps keep everything up-t0-date as quickly as possible.
- A very useful perk to the Internet is teleconferencing and video conferencing. These methods make it possible for a public relations professional to have meetings with colleagues all over the world.