Here are some notes from Chapter 10 of Public Relations: Strategies & Tactics (9th Edition):
- Key components of conflict management are strategic, management, competition, and conflict.
- The conflict management life cycle includes four phases: (1) Proactive, (2) Strategic, (3) Reactive, and (4) Recovery.
- Some suggestions for how to communicate during a crisis include putting the public first, being honest, not saying, “no comment,” being accessible, and being familiar with media needs and deadlines.
- The three foundations of reputation are: (1) economic performance, (2) social responsiveness, and (3) the ability to deliver valuable outcomes to stakeholders.
- Professor William Benoit of the University of Missouri gives five strategies for image restoration: (1) denial, (2) evade responsibility, (3) reduce offensiveness, (4) corrective action, and (5) mortification.